2004-2005 Campaign Team
2004-2005 Campaign Cabinet Team
Campaign Chairperson, Jim Roolf, First Midwest Bank of Joliet
Leadership Giving Co-Chairperson, Bob Rogina, Rogina Engineers & Surveyors
Leadership Giving Co-Chairperson, Jim Waters, Caterpillar Inc.
Major Industry Chairperson, Darren Woods, ExxonMobil Joliet Refinery
Major Industry Vice Chairperson, Greg Hayward, ITW Pancon
Major Industry Vice Chairperson, Jeff Hettrick, Exelon Company
Major Industry Vice Chairperson, Greg Kuhn, Dow Chemical Company
Major Industry Vice Chairperson, Rich Purgason, Equistar Chemical, LP
Major Industry Vice Chairperson, Mark Smith, CITGO Petroleum Corporation
Major Industry Vice Chairperson, Dave Strom, Midwest Generation, LLC
Major Industry Vice Chairperson, Paul Sutenbach, ITW Impro
Commerce/Industry Chairperson,Val Rand, Rand’s Hallmark, Inc.
Commerce/Industry Vice Chairrperson, Vincent Donlevie, Harrahs Joliet Casino & Hotel
Commerce/Industry Vice Chairperson , Mary Jaworski, Joliet Region Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Professional Chairperson , Dan Malinowski, Jacob & Heffner Associates, PC
Professional Vice Chairperson (Accountants), Jennifer Jamroz, Wermer Rogers Doran & Ruzon CPA’s
Professional Vice Chairperson (Accountants), Natalie Manley, Wermer Rogers Doran & Ruzon CPA’s
Professioal Vice Chairperson (Accountants), James Ruzon, Wermer Rogers Doran & Ruzon CPA’s
Professional Vice Chairperson (Architects), Bret Mitchell, Thomas A. Buchar & Associates
Professional Vice Chairperson (Attorneys),Christine McAsey, Querrey & Harrow, Ltd.
Professional Vice Chairperson (Attorneys), James Murphy, Mahoney Silverman & Cross, Ltd.
Professional Vice Chairperson (Attorneys), Marty Shanahan, Spesia, Ayers & Ardaugh
Professional Vice Chairperson (Dentists), Dr. Rudy Paolucci
Professional Vice Chairperson (Engineers), Dan Malinowski, Jacob & Hefner Associates, PC
Professional Vice Chairperson (Insurance), Rick Papp, State Farm Insurance
Professional Vice Chairperson (Investments), Dave Graham, Smith Barney
Professional Vice Chairperson (Physicians), Dr. Azeem Ahsan
Professional Vice Chairperson (Physicians), Dr. John Bowden
Professional Vice Chairperson (Physicians)
Professional Vice Chairperson (Physicians), Dr. Daryl Caneva
Professional Vice Chairperson (Physicians), Dr. Daniel Gutierrez
Professional Vice Chairperson (Physicians), Dr. Thomas Moore
Professional Vice Chairperson (Physicians), Dr. Al Ray
Professional Vice Chairperson (Physicians), Dr. S. Rinella
Professional Vice Chairperson (Physicians), Dr. J.D. Wright
Professional Vice Chairperson (Veterinarians), Dr. Cecil Ingmire
Public Service Chairperson, Jim Shapard, City of Joliet
Public Service Vice Chairperson, Jean Hansen, Illinois Dept. of Employment Security
Public Service Vice Chairperson, Laurie McPhillips-Weglarz, County of Will
Public Service Vice Chairperson, Terri Wintermute, Village of Bolingbrook
Construction Chairperson, Jim Pasch, Pasch & Sons Construction Company
Construction Vice Chairperson, Tom Dardis, Plumbing Mechanical Contractors
Construction Vice Chairperson, Mel Gray, Modern Builders
Construction Vice Chairperson, Rick Leonard, C.R. Leonard Plumbing & Heating Co., Inc.
Construction Vice Chairperson, Ron Stonitsch, Stonitsch Construction
Construction Vice Chairperson, Don Turk
Finance Chairperson, Toni Troy, First Midwest Bank of Joliet
Finance Vice Chairperson, Mike Rittof, Founders Bank
Finance Vice Chairperson, Ann O’Neill, Prairie Trail Credit Union
Finance Vice Chairperson, Jim Coats, Bank One
Education Co Chairperson, Lucy Hoffman, American Federation of Teachers Local #604
Education Co Chairperson, Dr. Phyllis Wilson, Joliet School District #86
Education Vice Chairperson, Dr. James Clark
Education Vice Chairperson, Dr. John Harper, Plainfield School Distrtict #202
Education Vice Chairperson, Dr. Brenda Jensen, Lincoln-Way High School Distrtict #210
Education Vice Chairperson, Carolyn Meisner, Reed-Custer Illinois Education Association
Education Vice Chairperson, Dr. Michael Sass, New Lenox School District #122
Education Vice Chairperson, Larry Wiers, Troy School District #30C
Labor Leadership, Jerry Brown, AFSCME Council 31
Labor Leadership, Joe Fabbre, United Steelworkers of America Local #9777
Labor Leadership, Brian Loomis, IBEW Local #15
Labor Leadership, Rich Mathis, United Roofers,Waterproofers Local #11
Labor Leadership, Denis Matlak, American Federation of Teachers Local #604
Labor Leadership, Dan Swiersz, Auto & Body Mechanic Lodge #1749
Labor Leadership, Commander Keith Turney, Joliet Fraternal Order of Police
Labor Leadership, Thomas White, Will/Grundy County Building Trades Council
Labor Leadership, Mark Wiechmann, Business Representative, Teamsters Local #179
BE SURE TO GET YOUR COMPANY INVOLVED IN…
Agency Tours! Lunch & Learn! Celebration of Community Caring!
CEO Car Wash
- Employees donate $5 to have their car washed at high noon by their boss. Charge extra for Polaroid photos.
- Vacation days, parking spaces, donated or purchased gift certificates, clothing/mugs with your company logo.
- Employees pay a $5 entrance fee to participate in this event. Give each participant a pledge sheet in advance to use when asking others employees for their support. Make the outing more fun by hosting some agency children, too.
- Get your executive staff to donate one hour to your campaign. Auction off each executive to the highest bidding employee with proceeds to benefit your United Way campaign. The executive must take over the employee’s job for the appointed hour.
- Sell casual day badges allowing employees to purchase them to dress casually on certain days. Employees purchase badges for $5 each. Designate certain casual days as crazy days and encourage your employees to show their wild side: Stupid Hat Day, Outrageous Socks Day, Sports Team Day, Dress Up Day.
Lunch Box Auction
- Employees supply lunches to be auctioned. Encourage CEO and management participation. Display lunches. Give prizes for the most creative, nutritional, elegant and humorous lunch. Tie in a speaker from a United Way-funded food pantry.
Baby/Pet Picture Match Game
- Invite employees to try their luck matching baby and/or pet pictures of management. Award the entry with the most right answers a paid day off or some other fun incentive. Charge employees $5 per ballot.
- Employees buy a vacation day. When an employee chooses to participate, wages from the day’s work are deducted from his or her paycheck. The organization may choose to match the amount deducted, with all proceeds donated to the United Way Campaign.
- Collect and group recipes and household hints into a customized cookbook. Have employees’ children create illustrations for the cover and categories. Print books in-house or by a local business. This has been so popular that some organizations have not been able to fill all requests!